Job Location - Administration Office - Sheridan, WY
Position Type - Full-time
Education Level - 4-year Degree
Travel Percentage - Up to 50%
Job Shift - Day
The Senior Director of Professional Development is responsible for assessing company-wide developmental needs to drive training initiatives by identifying, arranging, and delivering suitable training solutions for employees. This position is also responsible for bolstering and maintaining organizational culture across the affiliate, as well as cultivating the organizations internal coaching program.
- Outlines training and development programs based on approved organizational development plans.
- Obtains and /or develops effective training materials utilizing a variety of media.
- Trains and coaches managers, supervisors, and others involved in employee development efforts.
- Plans, organizes, facilitates, and orders supplies for employee development and training events.
- Develops and maintains organizational communications to ensure employees have knowledge of training and development events and resources.
- Assesses training and development needs through surveys, interviews, focus groups, and communication with managers and staff.
- Creates, plans, and presents training and development programs using various forms and formats including group discussions, lectures, simulations, and videos.
- Maintains records of training and development activities, attendance, results of tests and assessments, and retraining requirements.
- Evaluates program effectiveness through assessments, surveys, and feedback.
- Maintains knowledge of the latest trends in training and development.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of available training in the Learning Management System to provide informed consultation with supervisors to support training objectives in accordance with professional growth plans.
- Promotes organizational culture by completing cultural tours.
- Change agent for culture. Works with different offices, staff, and programs to align culture to organizational mission, vision, and values. May act as a mediator as part of this process.
- Oversees organizations annual staff conference.
- Oversight of employee skilled credentialing, certifications, and positional career pathing.
- Cultivates and maintains organizational coaching program.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software: Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Proficiency with modern standard office equipment.
- Exemplifies VOAs Cultural Values
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Successfully interact with clients and team members in a professional manner.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Demonstrate independent work initiative and sound judgment through excellent critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to positively collaborate with team members at all levels of the organization and external community agencies.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods.
- Ability to evaluate and research training options and alternatives.
- Ability to design and implement effective training and development.
This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, photocopiers, and smartphones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see and/or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel throughout the catchment area is expected for this position.
Required Education, Experience or Eligibility Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in a related field and/or 3 years of experience with developing and maintaining training/education systems.
- One or more years of successful employee supervision/management.
- Proven ability to present information competently in front of audiences with ease.
- Proven ability to coordinate events across multiple sites annually.
- Valid drivers license.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Masters Degree in related field
- Human Resources Certification PHR/SHRM-CP
Volunteers of America Northern Rockies is committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristics. Volunteers of America Northern Rockies will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and feel you need a reasonable accommodation pursuant to the ADA, please contact us at 307-672-0475.