Job Location - Administration Office - Sheridan, WY
Position Type - Full-time
Job Shift - Day
The I.T. Specialist will maintain the computer desktop environment by analyzing requirements, resolving problems, installing hardware and software solutions, and supporting the internal I.T. Helpdesk. The I.T Specialist will also be responsible for internal support of P.C.s, printers, servers, and related equipment.
- Give staff members the best customer service experience.
- Provide help desk support and resolve problems to the end user's satisfaction.
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests from the I.T Helpdesk.
- Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc., for local workstations.
- Assist with new user setup for emails through Active Directory and assign to proper groups.
- Administer software licensing.
- Ensure each workstation has the appropriate equipment and printer setup.
- Set up and deploy new equipment when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Azure
- Proficient at reinstalling operating systems and enabling user permissions.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrates an independent work initiative, sound judgment, and attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficient with standard office equipment
- Continuous demonstration of behaviors aligned with a posture of servant leadership and our cultural values.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the organization.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, photocopiers, and smartphones.
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stoop as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and work hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Traveling to various communities to perform Veterans outreach actions will be necessary for this position.
Required Education, Experience, or Eligibility Qualifications
- Associate or equivalent work experience
- Two years of technical and customer support experience.
- A+ Certification
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer or Information Science-related field.
Volunteers of America Northern Rockies is committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristics. Volunteers of America Northern Rockies will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and feel you need a reasonable accommodation pursuant to the ADA, please contact us at 307-672-0475.