Job Location - Gathering Place - Sheridan, WY
Job Shift - Variable
Do the work you are passionate about with an organization that cares about you - while surrounded by the beauty of the Big Horn Mountains in Sheridan, Wyoming! At Volunteers of America Northern Rockies, we are committed to providing transformational services to our vulnerable populations and hold steadfast in our core value of servant leadership demonstrated through compassion, respect, excellence, communication, and integrity. Volunteers of America Northern Rockies recognizes and protects the passion and dedicated service of its team members by promoting a healthy work-life balance. Many of the benefits of working for VOANR include:
- Competitive salary
- Generous PTO, Extended Leave
- 403(b) Contribution and Profit Sharing
- Performance and Metric-Based Bonuses
- Professional 20 Day- Paid Sabbatical
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Term Life & AD& D Insurance
- HRSA Participation
- ….and many more!
The Kitchen Assistant is responsible for food service duties in a residential treatment facility. This position performs all duties to Wyoming Department of Health standards.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Assist with residential and meal preparation
- Receive and store all food deliveries
- Monitor kitchen stock supplies and maintain adequate inventory
- Ensure kitchen and dining room are clean and meet health standard requirements
- Perform weekly and monthly deep cleaning
- Wash dishes
- Deliver meals to other facilities
- Other duties as assigned
- Effective communicator; assertive when necessary
- Respectful and professional with all residents
- Ability to deal with confrontation in a calm and positive manner
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment to meet tight deadlines
- Confidential with patient information
- Continuous demonstration of behaviors aligned with a posture of servant leadership and our cultural values
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the organization.
This job operates in a residential treatment facility kitchen, routinely using standard kitchen equipment such as stoves, scales, mixers, dishwashers, and knives.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk; hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 50 pounds with assistance and occasionally lift and move up to 100 pounds with support.
Sufficient close vision is needed to perform duties such as checking the appearance of food, using a food processor and meat slicer, measuring ingredients, reading, writing, and taking food temperatures.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time or part-time status dependent on the position hired the availability to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and overtime, as needed.
Some travel is expected.
Required Education, Experience, or Eligibility Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver's License
Preferred Education and Experience
- Cooking and catering experience
- Institutional cooking experience
Volunteers of America Northern Rockies is committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristics. Volunteers of America Northern Rockies will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and feel you need a reasonable accommodation pursuant to the ADA, please contact us at 307-672-0475.