Sheriff Maintenance Worker, Full-Time
Sheridan County Sheriff’s Office
Open Position: Sheriff Maintenance Worker, Full-Time
Rate of Pay: $37,110.00 to $40,926.00 DOE, Grade 14
Benefits: Wyoming Retirement System, Health Ins, Dental Ins, Life Ins, Vacation and Sick Leave, Paid Holidays
Position Description: This position participates in the maintenance of the County Detention Center.
- Diagnoses and repairs electronic security system malfunctions.
- Maintains, adjusts, and replaces locks.
- Repairs plumbing systems.
- Maintains sliding cell doors.
- Maintains maintenance log.
- Replaces night lights/bulbs throughout the facility.
- Cleans and disinfects.
- Paints interior and exterior surfaces.
- Purchases necessary tools and supplies.
- Maintains kitchen equipment.
- Coordinates, supervises and requests bids from outside contractors.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of building maintenance.
- Knowledge of plumbing, electrical, construction, and mechanical repair and maintenance procedures.
- Knowledge of detention center maintenance procedures.
- Skill in prioritizing and organizing work.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Wyoming for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
For additional information please contact Human Resources at 307-675-2912.
SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO: email@example.com or 224 South Main St Suite B-1, Sheridan WY 82801
This position will remain open until April 3, 2020 at 5pm