Job Location - Administration Office - Sheridan, WY
Position Type - Full-time
Job Shift - Day
The Director of Development manages a diverse group of foundations and individual donors. They implement strategies to effectively recruit, cultivate, solicit, and steward organizational partners. This position aims to raise the funds necessary to meet the organization's needs through their assigned foundation and donor relationships.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage foundations, major, and mid-level donors as assigned
- Work with the development team to advance organizational and foundation gifts
- Secure and advance corporate and event sponsors
- Use data to provide insights into giving activity and opportunities
- Oversee, manage, and write foundation requests and advance relationships
- Work within the established annual fundraising plan
- Other duties as assigned
- Effective communicator, both oral and written
- Ability to effectively deal with diverse individuals and groups
- Ability to organize/prioritize large volumes of information and relationships
- Must be self-motivated, innovative, and possess solid decision-making skills
- Continuous demonstration of behaviors aligned with a posture of servant leadership and our cultural values
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the organization.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptops, photocopiers, and smartphones.
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This job's specific vision abilities include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend, stand or stoop as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and work hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position requires frequent travel within Wyoming, Montana, and Western South Dakota, working with prospective supporters and major donors, attending and seeking sponsors for fundraising events, and supporting fundraising volunteers in various communities.
Required Education, Experience, or Eligibility Qualifications
- Associate degree
- Three to five years of experience related to the development and the duties listed or in a closely related field
- Solid ability in word processing and spreadsheet software required; database management, presentation, and planned giving software experience preferred
- Proven ability to present professionally in writing, over the phone, and in-person
- Must be comfortable in front of people and highly engaging with others
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree
- More than five years of experience related to the development and the duties
- Previous work in planned giving, major gifts development, or fundraising is highly preferred. Relevant experience may include annual campaigns, direct mail, mid-level donor programs, sustainer donor programs, major gift programs, trust management, grant and foundation writing knowledge
- Association of Fundraising Professionals active membership or Certified Fundraising Executive
- Blackbaud's Raisers Edge software experience
Volunteers of America Northern Rockies is committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristics. Volunteers of America Northern Rockies will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and feel you need a reasonable accommodation pursuant to the ADA, please contact us at 307-672-0475.