Candidates must be U.S. Citizens for work on Department of Defense contracts
Kennon is an equal opportunity employer and will seriously consider every qualified applicant interested in joining our growing team. Please provide a cover letter, résumé, and at least one personal and two professional references submitted through our webpage: https://kennonproducts.com/careers/
Questions or accessibility issues may be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
As the Design Manager, you will oversee the design process and empower and lead the Design Team in achieving on-time, high-quality deliverables and services, internally and externally. In addition to supervisory activities, you will perform the duties of a Design Engineer/Technician: interfacing directly with customers and developing designs and products for Kennon production according to company and customer specifications and standards. Further, you will research, develop, and improve new and existing product/materials/technologies as determined by company priorities.
• Build meaningful professional relationships with employees, coworkers, customers, and partners. Provide honest and tactful feedback with care and concern; practice “servant leadership.”
• Grow an effective and engaged Design Team of Engineers and Technicians that meets and exceeds the expectations of internal and external customers.
• Support and facilitate employee empowerment, training, and career & community engagement opportunities.
• Assign Design Team resources and oversee employee timecards & use of benefits. Conduct employee check-ins and regular performance reviews.
• Prioritize and coordinate concurrent and competing design projects including physical deliverables, scheduling, presentations, documentation & reporting, and direct customer communications.
• Oversee and perform work that involves conventional engineering practice but may also include complexities such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, and difficult integration requirements.
• Work with employees, customers, and suppliers to ensure the on-time, in-budget fulfillment of goods and/or services that meet end-user and Kennon specifications.
• Research new designs and methods to enhance or improve existing products and technologies. Perform development activities for new, cutting-edge products and/or processes.
• Use design software for drafting and illustrating to satisfy documentation requirements for production, contract, or development needs.
• Perform on-site patterning, test fit verifications and first article performance verifications, as necessary.
• Prepare technical reports detailing procedures, outcomes, and observations for use by engineering, management personnel or technical services activities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
Our ideal candidate will have a combination of formal education, manufacturing experience, and leadership success including:
• Associate degree in STEM field (B.S. in Engineering discipline preferred);
• 4+ years experience in a manufacturing environment;
• 2+ years experience in management or supervision, practices “Servant Leadership;”
• Proficiency with AutoCad or similar software;
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
• Willingness to travel and keep a flexible schedule;
• Alignment with Kennon’s Core Values: Care, Fun, Talent, Dare, Be Real, Deliver Quality, Safety, Urgency, Integrity, and Communicate.
Kennon Products has a thirty-year history of proudly designing and manufacturing quality products that protect high value assets. Founded in 1984 to provide general aviation products, Kennon has grown into a multi-faceted company with international sales. We lead with cutting edge research and development, utilization of advanced materials and composites, and delivery of diverse product lines that include: preservation of private, commercial, and military aircraft integrity; safety in behavioral health; and life-protection for our service men and women. Our success has come through consistently providing innovation, ensuring superior design, and maintaining our commitment to quality.