Job Location - Administration Office - Sheridan, WY
Position Type - Full-time
Education Level - High School
Travel Percentage - Up to 25%
Job Shift - Day
Job Category - Admin - Clerical
The HR/Facilities Coordinator provides administrative support to the Senior Director of Human Resources and the Senior Director of Facilities/Safety Officer. The HR/Facilities Coordinator regularly coordinates activities, events, and job functions within the HR and Facilities Maintenance Departments. This position will also assume responsibility, as needed, for special projects and specified routine clerical functions. This position works closely with all personnel, other administrative support personnel, and other program personnel to ensure appropriate communication.
- Provide backup customer service/phone coverage.
- Support both Senior Directors with administrative tasks as assigned.
- Assist the Senior Directors with projects, meeting deadlines, coordinating activities, and taking on assignments as needed.
- Act as a critical resource for coordinating communication and activities within the department and externally to other programs and departments needing interaction or services from human resources and facilities.
- Help organize and schedule complex activities, including extensive conference calls, web-based meetings, training, and organizational events.
- Compile and distribute various program reports.
- Assist the HR team with completing Benefit Summary Statements.
- Responsible for entering Worker's Compensation information and conducting follow up with employees as needed.
- Assist employees in completing Health Resources and Service Administration (HRSA) applications and provide support during audits.
- Manage the HR Calendar to ensure that reporting deadlines are met.
- Monitor job postings to ensure that they are posted on applicable sites for compliance purposes.
- Manage new employee tracking to ensure that appropriate documentation is completed.
- Prepare organizational turnover reports to share with executive staff and managers.
- Complete monthly and annual reporting regarding safety and facilities.
- Work with the maintenance team to support the scheduling of contractors.
- Provide support with contract and agreement management to ensure that all the needed documentation is provided.
- Schedule annual inspections and projects for the facilities team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Effective communicator, both oral and written
- Able to effectively deal with diverse individuals and groups
- Able to organize/prioritize large volumes of information
- Able to function under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Continuous demonstration of behaviors aligned with a posture of servant leadership and our cultural values
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but may serve as a coach and mentor for other
positions in the organization.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptops, photocopiers, and smartphones.
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This job's specific vision abilities include close vision and adjusting focus. This would require lifting files, opening filing cabinets, and bending or stooping as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is full-time from 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Little to no travel is expected for this position.
Required Education, Experience, or Eligibility Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One-year experience in Administrative related work
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associate degree
- Two years of experience in similar administrative or HR work
Volunteers of America Northern Rockies is committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristics. Volunteers of America Northern Rockies will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and feel you need a reasonable accommodation pursuant to the ADA, please contact us at 307-672-0475.